Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fish Extender Gift ideas???

Fish Extender Gift ideas???

So we will be cruising with a group next summer and I'm already starting to think about Fish Extender gifts

Does anyone have any creative Fish Extender Gift ideas? I need some creative inspirtation! LOL

On My Way To The Mouse Disney Or Bust's Avatar
    I've never done the FE before and I hope to participate in it on our next cruise in October. I have some ideas but it will depend on how many people participate what I can affor to give out. Maybe pens with the cruise location, ship and date on them along with some cute Halloween themed things for kids from Oriental Trading? Maybe I will also attach all of this to a post card from the area in Colorado where we live just to give people a veiw of my part of the country. I would love to get post cards from everyone in my FE so that I can easily see where everyone is from. I don't know what I will do yet. Like I said I will have to see how this whole thing works and how many families/people are participating in this.

We have had so much fun with FEE. Here's some of the things I have done or received. Beaded earrings shaped like hidden Mickey's, paperbag scrapbooks, items from our state (magnets, pens, post it notes to represent 3M - we are from MN), little containers to collect a small bit of sand from Castaway Cay, postcards of our ports of call for people to send home (I made these and ordered them from Vista print, watch for coupons for Vista print for alot of FEE ideas they come in handy). We did one that was themed, pirates stuff was one day. We have gotten candy and treats, along with little liquor or wine bottles for the adults. We made some tic tac toe boards and also a ad libs type game that we had laminated and included a white board pen so they could reuse them. If you want directions or pictures of any of these let me know and I will see what I can find.

On My Way To The Mouse Disney Or Bust's Avatar
    Thanks for the great ideas MFLMic! I just love the 4x6 post card idea becuse they fit perfectly in my 4x6 photo album along side all of the other photos from my trip. I cant wait to participate in my first FEE this year.

When providing FE gifts do you provide one thing for each room or one thing for each person in the participating rooms?

It really varies on what I am giving, sometimes they are "stateroom gifts" ie like the paperbag scrapbooks, which were time consuming, other times they are geared to each person in the cabin. It really is a personal choice and there are no rules. Some times we make one delivery per cabin, or other times if I have come up with several smaller items, we might spread it out through the cruise (longer cruises only, I wouldn't do that on a short cruise).

We did a recipe exchange on the EBTA that was really fun as well, people got creative just in ways to present their recipes and now I have a nice collection to remind me of my new friends.

Scrooge McDuck
    Last cruise I did a Disney recipe book and a Disney music CD.

This time I'm going to do a hidden mickey scavenger hunt for the books, maybe the recipe books again, and a calendar I think. Still thinking about a few other things....

Scrooge McDuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney Or Bust View Post

When providing FE gifts do you provide one thing for each room or one thing for each person in the participating rooms?
    I have only been on one cruise but I did one adult gift per room and then did a gift bag for each kid that had some pirate tattoos, glow sticks, and a lanyard with 2 trading pins.

Just saw these on a FB group I post to from one of my past cruises, something new I haven't seen before so thought I would share. I don't really have any other details on it.

Here is what the OP said about it
    Last edited by MFLMic; 06-25-2012 at 11:23 AM. Reason: picture removed per request from creator of the item

Quote Originally Posted by MFLMic View Post
    We did a recipe exchange on the EBTA that was really fun as well, people got creative just in ways to present their recipes and now I have a nice collection to remind me of my new friends.
    I LOVED the recipe exchange! The ideas from all over were awesome! We even got recipes from Australia!